The mission of the Guidance Department at Foothills Christian High School is to prepare, equip and guide students through their high school experience and into their college/career plan. In cooperation with staff, parents, and teachers, students will develop academically and socially toward the goal of being responsible and productive members of society, exhibiting godly character.
Services that are offered:
- Academic 4-year plan Guidance
- College Research and Alternatives
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Career Guidance
- Testing (PSAT Grades 9-11)
- Social & Spiritual Growth
- Family & Peer Relationship Support
For any further questions you might have, contact Sheri Brown, FCHS Guidance Counselor through the school office 619-303-8035 or email
- Juniors and Seniors may take up to 2 College Classes per semester for FREE at a local Community College (Please see Mrs. Brown for details).
- ALL Seniors MUST take the ACT or SAT test by December of their Senior Year (Junior year is recommended) in order to receive our College Prep High School Diploma. Register at: www.act.org or www.sat.org.
- Seniors can apply for Financial Aid for College beginning Oct. 1, 2018 through March 2, 2019: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
- Beginning August 2018, EVERYBODY qualifies to receive ONE FREE YEAR of Community College (as long as you have never attended college before) through the “Promise Pledge Program”. Please contact your local Community College for more information.
- Need Scholarships for College? Start here: https://www.
- Need to submit an “Official” Transcript to a College or Business? Please send an Official Transcript Request form to Mrs. Brown: Sheribrown@foothillsschool.net (may be emailed, hand-delivered, or faxed to 1-619-741-2648). Please include: School to be mailed to, who you want the transcript sent to, and the complete mailing address. Please use this form for all requests: https://docs.google.
com/document/d/14D- HKye3NocFecY- VOPoO1kAL9jrNNYqgfa0IyWFBj4/ edit?usp=sharing