Seniors and Parents…this is your one stop information page to help you keep up with all of the 2017 Senior activities!
Please click on the tabs below for an explanation of each activity or Senior opportunity throughout the year.
There are also downloadable pdf forms and online forms available for your convenience.
2017 Senior Portrait Information
SCHOOL ID PICTURE: All Seniors should take a picture on Registration Day for their school ID. Your picture is needed for your school ID. This picture will be taken during the school registration day on Friday, August 26th. Please make sure that you are in school dress code for this picture.
YEARBOOK PORTRAIT: All Seniors are required to have a traditional head and shoulders portrait taken with Mrs. Cathie DeRosia at no cost to you. This is required so that all portraits in the yearbook have a consistent look. These portraits are also used at the graduation ceremony at the end of the year. There will be no sitting fee and purchase of any portraits will be optional.
SCHEDULING APPOINTMENTS: Dates for senior portraits should be scheduled during one of the time slots below to guarantee that your portrait will appear in the yearbook.
All senior yearbook portraits will be taken at the FCHS Campus on:
Thursday October 6th 4pm – 8pm
Saturday October 8th 9:30am – 2:30pm
Call Mrs.Cathie DeRosia at 619-208-0655 to schedule your appointment day and time
WHAT TO EXPECT: Six to ten poses will be taken and will be posted online (www.pacificportraits.net) in a special password-protected area. You will receive an email with a password to your gallery where you can select your yearbook pose and make any purchases. You may share this password with family and friends at your discretion.
WHAT TO WEAR: Please make sure that you are in school dress code for this picture. This is a traditional head and shoulders portrait that will be used in the yearbook and also during graduation.
- Choose solid colors over loud patterns.
- Middle tones or dark colors usually look best for yearbook portraits.
- Long sleeves look nice in formal poses, and avoid strong patterns.
Guys, a jacket and tie is appropriate, or a dress shirt or sweater.
Girls, a formal sweater, solid blouse or dress is good.
All finished senior portraits will be retouched. Standard retouching removes blemishes and softens lines. Requests for other special corrections can be made with additional charges.
All seniors will have a quote included in the yearbook. We hope that seniors will put some thought into a quote that has special meaning. Quotes can be a Bible verse or a favorite quote from a person/poem/book. All quotes will be reviewed and approved by FCHS administration before being published in the yearbook.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND:
- Deadline for quotes is 01-12-2017.
- Include the verse reference or author of the quote.
- Quotes must be appropriate and accurate.
- There is a 125-character limit for the quotes.
- If a senior does not submit a quote, FCHS administration will provide a Bible verse for them.
OPTIONS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR QUOTES (choose one):
- Link can be found on FCHS Campus Life Senior Information page
- Simply complete the form and submit it electronically.
- Quotes can be e-mailed to Mrs. DeRosia at cderosia
- Your quote can be typed and turned into Mrs. DeRosia’s mailbox.
- Make sure to include your full name and 3rd period teacher on your paper.
Senior Dedication Pages for Yearbook
Senior dedication pages are a great way to honor your graduating senior! These full page ads are only $50!
This will be a page that you design for your senior using the yearbook program (don’t worry, it is fun and we can help you!).
TO RESERVE A PAGE: Complete the attached form and turn it into the school with your payment by 02-05-2017.
Once we receive your payment, you will receive an email that will direct you to login to your page where you can use the yearbook program and all of its features to design your unique one of a kind senior ad!
WANT HELP?: On the evening of February 15th from 5pm – 8pm, we will have a “Senior Dedication Page” night that you are welcome to attend. Bring your photos on a flash drive and yearbook staff will be available to assist you in creating your page. Space is limited to only 15 people, so sign up soon!
Pages need to be completed by 03-30-2017!
Senior Kindergarten Pictures for Yearbook
Submit your favorite Kindergarten picture now! Kindergarten pictures will be displayed on the senior pages of the yearbook.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND:
- Deadline to turn in baby picture is 02-05-2017.
OPTIONS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR KINDERGARTEN PICTURES:
- Scan your image and email it to Mrs. DeRosia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLEASE be sure to include your student’s full name on the email subject line.
In an envelope
- If you are unable to electronically submit your kindergarten photo, yearbook staff can do it for you.
- Send your photo (in an envelope) to Mrs. DeRosia’s mailbox in the office.
- PLEASE be sure to write students name and 3rd period teacher on the back of the picture.
Senior College Tours & FCHS College Night
Senior College Tours – More information coming!
FCHS College Night – October 19th – 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm – FCHS Campus
National ACT Testing
Saturday, October 22nd – 8:00 am – 1:30 pm – FCHS Campus You must register on the ACT website http://www.actstudent.org by September 16th or pay a late fee and register between (Sept. 17 – 30)
Saturday, April 8th – 8:00 am – 1:30 pm – FCHS Campus You must register on the ACT website http://www.actstudent.org by March 3rd or pay a late fee and register between (March 4-17)
Homecoming Football Game & Festivities – Friday, October 7th
Senior Farewell Chapel
Tuesday, May 30th
Tuesday, June 6th – Wednesday, June 7th – Both days: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Senior Trip - Disney Grad-Nite
Wednesday, June 7th – Thursday, June 8th FOR THE SENIORS GOING ON THIS TRIP:
- Parent permission slips must be picked up and returned!
- Students will meet at FCC at 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 7th
- Leave at 1:00 p.m. from the Foothills Christian Church parking lot.
- Students are on their own for *food, *snacks and *souvenirs. (*not included in cost)
- Students will return to FCC at approximately 5:00 a.m. on Thursday morning, June 8th, to the same place they were dropped off.
Turn In Textbooks
June 6th & 7th – 7:15 am. 2:30 pm. – School Admin. Office (*Each student must turn in their text books to the school office before they can take their individual finals!)
Graduation Rehearsal & Distribution of Caps/Gowns
Thursday, June 15th – 10:00 a.m. Sharp -12:00 p.m. Foothills Christian Church (main sanctuary) 365 West Bradley El Cajon
Graduation of the Class of 2017
Friday, June 16th – 6:30 p.m. Foothills Christian Church Meet in Room 1A at 5:30 p.m. Be dressed in your cap and gown and ready to go! Please discourage your families from bringing air horns and confetti to the ceremony in order to respect others and the custodial staff of FCC.
Graduation Ceremony DVD’s & Graduation Portraits
Senior Calendar at a “Glance“
Senior Portraits Thursday, October 6th – 4:00pm – 6:00pm/ Saturday, October 8th – 9:30am – 2:30pm
Senior College Tours & FCHS College Night Wednesday, October 19th
National ACT Testing Saturday, October 22nd
FCHS Homecoming – Friday, October 7th
Deadline for Senior Quotes Thursday, January 12th
Deadline for Yearbook Senior Dedication Payment Friday, February 3rd
Deadline for Completion of Senior Dedication Pages Thursday, March 30th
Deadline Submission for Senior Baby Pictures Friday, February 3rd
National ACT Testing Saturday, April 8th – 7:30am – 1:00pm
Senior Lunch Wednesday, May 10th
Senior Farewell Chapel Tuesday, May 30th
Turn in Textbooks Tuesday, June 6th – Wednesday, June 7th
Senior Finals Tuesday, June 6th – Wednesday, June 7th
Senior Trip – Disney Grad-Nite Wednesday, June 7th – Thursday, June 8th
Graduation Rehearsal Thursday, June 15
Graduation Friday, June 16