Guidance Counselor

The mission of the Guidance Department at Foothills Christian High School is to prepare, equip, and guide students through their high school experience and into their college/career plan. In cooperation with staff, parents, and teachers, students will develop academically and socially toward the goal of being responsible and productive members of society, exhibiting godly character.

Prepare for College

Savannah Jenkins
Guidance Counselor

Counseling at Foothills

Academic Guidance

Use the free career assessment for career path ideas, and access our college prep or general high school diploma checklist to stay on track. See the Guidance Counselor for specific scheduling counseling.

Testing Information

Create a CollegeBoard Account and save your login information to find all of your scores for PSAT, SAT, and AP tests in one place.

College Preparation

Dual Enrollment

High School Students can take up to two community college courses per semester. They can also take courses through private colleges like GCU. Make sure the classes you take will transfer to another college if you choose to switch colleges after you graduate from high school. 

Work Permits

When hired, complete your work permit application (don’t forget to add your social security number and phone number). Be sure your parents and employer sign it. Then bring it in to the counselor or email it to her (  to obtain your official work permit. All work permits must be renewed during the first week of every school year and anytime students get a new job.

Academic Counseling Services

For Academic concerns feel free to drop in or call the Guidance Counselor during office hours (Mon 7:00am-3:00pm, Tues-Thurs 10:30am-3:00pm) or email her to schedule an appointment:

Community College for 9th–12th Grade Students

Students may take up to two College Classes per semester for FREE at a local Community College. Also, everyone qualifies to receive TWO FREE YEARS of Community College in addition to the free college classes you can take while in high school through the “Promise Pledge Program.” Make sure to ask your local community college about the “Promise PLUS” grant that will help pay for books! Please see the Guidance Counselor for details.

Financial Aid

Seniors can apply for Financial Aid for College beginning in December


Need Scholarships for College? Start here.

Transcript Requests

Need to submit an “official” transcript to a college or business? Please use this form for all requests:

Graduation 2024