|October 22||Friday||4:00 PM||Girls Volleyball Home: JV||1100 Murray Dr, El Cajon, CA 92020||Grossmont|
|October 22||Friday||5:30 PM||Girls Volleyball Home: V||1100 Murray Dr, El Cajon, CA 92020||Grossmont|
|October 22||Friday||7:00 PM||Football Home Game||11330 Campo Rd., La Mesa, CA 91941||Escondido Charter|
|October 22||Friday||2:55 PM||Cross Country||3333 Bear Valley Pkwy, Escondido, CA 92025||Kit Carson Invite|
|October 26||Tuesday||7:00 PM||Girls Volleyball Playoff||8756 Mast Blvd, Santee, CA 92071||TBA|
|October 28||Thursday||4:00 PM||Cross Country||1237 Green Oak Rd, Vista, CA 92081||Pacific League Cluster #2|
Athletics is an important part of the overall education our students receive. Athletics is a vehicle for character development, discipline, leadership development, and it teaches many other valuable life lessons. To that end, athletes are a part of a team effort and must endorse and promote the values, vision, mission, and message (VVMM) of our parent organizations, FCHS and Foothills Christian Church.
VALUES: 8 FOUNDATIONAL PRINCIPLES
1. Truth: Diligently discovering God’s unchanging revelation about His Kingdom (Romans 1:20, 25; John 8:31, 32; John 17:17; II Timothy 3:16, 17).
2. Love: Sacrificially seeking everyone’s highest good (I Corinthians 13:1-8).
3. Excellence: Consistently performing above and beyond common expectations and standards (Hebrews 4:12, 13).
4. Integrity: Consciously making every effort to be conformed to the image of Christ and faithfully committing to treat one another with godly excellence (Colossians 3:1-17).
5. Leadership: Courageously influencing people toward God’s perspective, plan, and purposes (Jeremiah 29:11-14, Psalm 68:6).
6. Learning: Actively pursuing the lifelong quest for knowledge and wisdom (II Peter 1:3-9).
7. Knowledge: Purposefully seeking information and testing its truthfulness (Proverbs 1:7; Philippians 3:10, 11).
8. Wisdom: Assiduously applying knowledge within a Biblical worldview (Psalm 111:10).
LIFE TRUTHS WE LEARN AND TEACH
We celebrate the Kingdom of God, pursue Christ-like character, and promote academic distinction.
GOAL: The goal of the Athletic Program at FCHS is to provide students with opportunities for interscholastic athletic participation and competition. FCHS encourages a highly competitive attitude within the athletic program, consistent with our value of Excellence. However, the school does not condone 5 “winning at any cost.” We discourage any and all pressures that lead to poor sportsmanship and words or actions contrary to the mission of FCHS. It is the goal of the Athletic Department to field teams with the best possible examples of what it means to be a part of the family of God.
FCHS Philosophy of Interscholastic Sports: The motto for the Foothills Christian High School Athletic Department has long been summarized by the phrase “we are producing Christian Scholar Athletes and in that order.” This phrase represents our recognition that the highest priority for FCHS is our students’ spiritual growth. This recognition derives itself from our perspective that the primary purpose of a Christian education is the formation and development of a human soul, a soul that is being transformed into the image of Christ. Therefore, academics and athletics descend in order of priority, and ultimately have value only as they contribute to this kind of spiritual change and formation.