Drama class offers something for everyone – the seasoned actor and the student who is just exploring theater for the first time.
Students produce two to three plays or musicals per year, culminating with the spring musical in May. In-class activities include improvisation, reading, and the study of characterization. Each student has the opportunity to explore both on-stage and behind-the-scenes aspects of the theater arts.
Art class provides an introduction to art
through a multi-media experience. Students will learn and apply the elements
and principles of design to produce creative art projects that reflect their
understanding of these concepts.
“Basic Guitar” is an introductory elective course designed to study basic, beginning guitar and guitar styles. All students will be introduced to a core curriculum of techniques that include correct instrument posture, aural skills, folk/pop/rock chord types (major, minor, and 7th chords) and standard strumming styles for accompaniment. After taking this course students will know or be able to do the following:
1. Identify a variety of music from a Biblically-based worldview
2. Play alone and with others in a varied repertoire of music
3. Improvise music with excellence
4. Read, notate, arrange and compose music
5. Evaluate music and music performances from a distinctly Christian perspective